- Now-defunct English words newsletter, but with over 100 excellent essays archived.
- Language and linguistics for the layperson since 197. Popular magazine Devoted to all aspects of the English language, featuring renowned commentators on English.
- Professional monthly journal on the English language and word usage by the best and the brightest in the field. Well worth the price of a subscription.
- Dennis Baron's site for language and technology in the news.
- Anu Garg's page supplement to his word-a-day mailing.
- Michael Quinion's weekly newsletter on the shifting language wordscape, featuring new words, word histories, the background to words in the news, and the curiosities of native English speech.
- Fascinating column on words and wordplay by Jed Hartman that ran from 1997 through 2000, (the last new column was in 2003), no longer being updated, but archived and worth visiting.