Key Root for this column
Old English: mawan, "to mow."
Words and Phrases List
make hay, make hay while the sun shines, what the hey!, that ain't hay!, aftermath
Thoughts for Today
- When's the last time you made hay while the sun shined?
- What's the problem with that maxim?
- How do you use the word "hey?" How do people respond to it?
- Can an aftermath of an event completely alter its character, changing something which you originally thought to be a good outcome to one that you now considered poor? Give an example where the aftermath of an event has completely changed your original, assessment of it.
- Can the outcome of any event be considered totally "positive" or totally "negative?"