Key Root for this column
Latin: semen, seminis, "seed;"
Latin: propago, "a slip or shoot for transplanting," "to set forth, extend," "spread," or "enlarge;"
Latin: rudis, "unskilled," "rough," hence "rude."
Words and Phrases List
semen, seminary, seminal, seminar, rude, erudite, rudimentary, propagate, propaganda
Thoughts for Today
- What's so seminal about seminars?
- What kind of learning goes on in seminaries?
- Give some examples of propaganda.
- How does most propaganda get propagated?
- Do you know anyone you'd consider erudite? What make him/her so?