The Key Root for this column: Latin, quintas, "five" Greek para, "on the side, beside, near"
Minor Roots: Greek, para, "beyond," and agon, "conflict", agos, "leader" Greek akone, "whetstone"
Words and Phrases List
agony, antagonist, antagonistic, parable, parabola, paradigm, paradox,
parody, paralysis, paragraph, paraphrase, paradox, paragon, quintessence,
Thoughts for Today
- Name the most special person you know? What makes them so?
- Name a quintessential politician, artist, or athlete. Why do they deserve that title?
- Do you know anyone who is a "paragon of morality?"
- What sets a great person off from all others?
- Name a quintessential public person who is also a great human being? Why do they deserve that designation?