The Key Root for this column: Old French caractere, via Latin from Greek kharaktér, "a stamping tool."
Minor Roots: None
Words and Phrases List
character, characteristic, real character, mensch
Thoughts for Today
- What are your primary characteristics?
- When do you call someone a "real character," what are you really saying?
- What's the difference between a "characteristic" and a "label?"
- What's good and bad about labeling?
- Who is your favorite person with character? What makes them a role model for you?