The Key Root for this column: Latin affectare "to aim at," "aspire to," or "endeavor" from ad to + facere, "to do," "to put to," hence refl. (se facere ad) "to put or apply oneself to," or to "aim at."
Words and Phrases List
affair, affect, affection, affectation, amplify, artifact, benefactor, benefice, benefit, confection, defect, disaffect, effect, effective, effectual, fact, faction, factitious, factor, factory, manufacture
Thoughts for Today
- How do you show affection?
- Do you consider yourself an affectionate person?
- What kind of affection do you most like?
- What affectations do you most dislike?
- What role does affection play in your relationships?