The Key Root for this column: Latin solver, solvo, "to loosen, relax, solve," solutus, "loose or unchained,"
Minor Roots: Thrall, Anglo Saxon, "slave."
Words and Phrases List
Absolute, absolution, absolve, assoil, dissolve, dissolution, resolve, resolute, resolution, soluble, solute, solution, solvable, solvability, solve, solvent, solver, enthrall, enthralling
Foot loose, fancy free, tie the knot, lock, wedlock, deadlock
Thoughts for Today
- What's so good about being single and footloose and fancy free?
- Is there any downside to it?
- What's deadlocked in your life?
- What things do you consider to be a lock?
- Ropes and locks? Why do people associate images such as these with making a commitment to another person?