The Key Roots for this column: Latin, mitto, to "send away," "to cause to let go," "to release," "dispatch," "send," or "cast off," com, "with."
Words and Phrases List
Commit, commitment, emit, intermittent, missile, mission, missionary, omit, permit, remit, submit, transmit.
Thoughts for Today
- What do you think it means to commit to another person?
- Do men find making a commitment more difficult than women?
- To what or to whom are you most committed?
- What form does that commitment take?
- Can you go through life without some form of commitment?