The Key Root for this column: Latin re, "again" or "back" and levare, "to rise" or "raise;" relatus, past participle of referre, "to carry back."
Words and Phrases List
relate, relative, relationship, refer, referral, reference, alleviate, elevate, elevator, elevation, leaven, lever, leverage, levitation, levity, levy, relieve, relevant
Thoughts for Today
- What goes into making a good relationship?
- How might two people best relate to each other?
- How well do you relate to the ideas in this column? Which one(s)? In what way?
- Do we really relive our relationships over and over?
- Why do you think most relationships tend to go astray?