The Key Root for this column: Latin ad, "to" and justis, "law" or "right"
Minor Root: Latin chirurgia, from Greek kheirourgia 'handiwork, surgery,' from kheir 'hand' +ergon 'work.'
Words and Phrases List
chiropractor, surgeon, surgery, surgical, abjure, jurisprudence, jury, just, perjury
Thoughts for Today
- What distinguishes a surgeon from a chiropractor?
- What does each specialize in?
- What reputation do chiropractors have?
- Why do people go to them?
- What's your opinion of chiropractors?