The Key Root for this column: Latin, frui, fructus, "to enjoy."
Minor Root: None
Words and Phrases List
Aesop, fruit, fructose, fruition, bear fruit, enjoy the fruits of one's labors, fruit of one's loins, fruits of victory, how sweet it is, take the bitter with the sweet, sour grapes
Thoughts for Today
- What's the best way to savor the fruits of victory?
- Why is it important that we learn how to take the bitter with the sweet?
- How do you feel when someone expresses sour grapes?
- Would you describe your life as "sweet?"
- If yes, what makes it so; if not, why not?