The Key Root for this column: Latin, vegere, vegetus, "to arouse or impart vigor," vigere, "to flourish;" Latin spina, "thorn;" Latin, vigil, "awake."
Words and Phrases List
You are what you eat; invigorate, reinvigorate, reinvigoration, spine, spineless, spinach, vegetable, veg out, vigor, vigorous, vigil, vigilance, vigilant, vigilante
Thoughts for Today
- Are we really what we eat? If not, how does food shape (no pun intended) the kind of person you are? Or is it the other way around?
- Why do we have such an aversion to vegetables?
- Why do we react so negatively when someone says, "It's good for you?"
- What role does food play in your life?
- Does how you eat tell you something about yourself? If so, what might that be?