The Key Root for this column: None
Minor Root: Dutch dopen, "to dip." French drogue, "rubbish" or "poor stuff." French, huppe, (name of a particularly stupid looking bird).
Words and Phrases List
Dope, dupe, inside dope, straight dope, drug, drug on the market
Thoughts for Today
- What's your source for inside dope on what's going on?
- Is the inside dope you get always the straight dope?
- What's the latest inside dope about dope? Who or what is your source on the topic? Can you rely on it?
- What's the last time you were duped about something? What if anything did you learn from the experience?
- What do you consider to be the biggest drug on the market today? Note that we're not talking drugs here.