The Key Root for this column: None
Minor Root: Greek, hypo, "under" and chondros, "cartilage of the breastbone."
Words and Phrases List
hypochondria, hypochondriac, take your medicine; a little bit of sugar
helps the medicine go down
Thoughts for Today
- What kind of things tend to make you hysterical?
- When does something funny become "hysterical?"
- Are women more prone than men to become hysterical? What evidence do you have to back up your judgment?
- How do you personally deal with periods of melancholy or depression?
- Is this column a bit over the top on the issues of hysterectomies?