The Key Root for this column:
Latin: the Latin docere, doctum, "to lead or teach;" pati, passus, "to suffer, feel, endure, or permit"
Words and Phrases List
docile, doctor, doctorate, doctoring, doctrine, document, indoctrinate, indoctrination, passion, passive, patience, patient
knee-jerk response, bill of health (clean and foul)
Thoughts for Today
- What makes for a good doctor?
- Do you show special respect for a person holding a doctorate? If so, why?
- Have you ever doctored anything? Any regrets for having done so?
- What are some of the major doctrines of our culture?
- What is the source(s) of most of your indoctrination?