The Key Root for this column:
Latin pre, "before"
Latin, coquere, "to cook,"
Words and Phrases List
Concoct, concoction, cook, decoct, decoction, precocity, precocious, talent
Thoughts for Today
- What is a talent contest? Have you ever been in one or know someone who has? Thoughts about it?
- Do you have a particular talent? Have you developed it? If not, why not? What's keeping you back?
- Does your school favor a particular kind of kid with a particular kind of talent?
- Discuss the Ben Franklin quotation. What is he trying to say? Does it apply at all to your life?
- Explain in your own words the Biblical parable about talent.