The Key Root for this column:
Latin semen, seminis, "seed "
Latin propago, "a slip or shoot for transplanting, " "to set forth, extend, " spread, " or "enlarge. "
Latin rudis, "unskilled," "rough," hence "rude "
Words and Phrases List
Semen, seminary, seminal, seminar
Rude, erudite, rudimentary
Thoughts for Today
- What's so seminal about seminars?
- What kind of learning goes on in seminaries?
- Give some examples of propaganda.
- How does most propaganda get propagated?
- Do you know anyone you'd consider erudite? What make him/her so?