The Key Root for this column:
Latin tortura "twisting, torment," from the Latin torquere "to twist,"
Words and Phrases List
jeopardy, quiz, enhanced interrogation, torture
Thoughts for Today
- What do you think about the people who are big winners on quiz shows? Are they special? How so?
- What special skills and talents do they have? How do you think they acquired those skills? Would you like to have them? If so, what would you do with them?
- What is trivia? Do you happen to have a special knowledge of trivia? How do you use trivia?
- How important is it to know a little about a lot of things?
- What do you know about enhanced interrogation? What do you think about it? What are the rights and wrongs of the practice?
- How is the phrase a euphemism?