The Key Root for this column: None
Minor roots: Latin tritus, "worn." Latin, gargiter, "make noises with the throat."
Words and Phrases List
The King's English, gargle, jive, jargon, cliché, pardon my French, stereotype, trite
Thoughts for Today
- How would you describe your use of English? What is meant by "teen-age jargon?" Do you employ it? How heavy are you into it? Give some examples.
- What do your teachers think of your command of the English language? How can you improve your understanding and use of it?
- What are some of your favorite clichés?
- Which clichés do you most hate? Why?
- Are there certain keywords that only use with your friends? What are they? Why do you like using them?