The Key Root for this column: None
Minor roots: Greek gru: "grunt." Latin, rumen: "throat."
Words and Phrases List
grouse, ruminate, chew the fat, chew on that, sound bite
Thoughts for Today
- What are the pros and cons of sound bites?
- Why is it important to ruminate on things before you act?
- The title of the column is a pun. What is it that the author is punning? Any deeper meaning behind the phrase?
- Is there a connection between people grousing about something and also grunting?
- What do you tend to grouse most about?